Dr. Shoudel has been in private practice since 1991. He has also been an Associate Clinical Professor in the department of Orthopedics, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, since 2010. Dr. Shoudel also worked with the Memorial Medical Center Diabetic Wound Clinic.
Dr. Shoudel is a graduate of Rochester Community High School. He obtained his Bachelor of Science from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, and his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, Chicago, Illinois. He completed his residency at Cook County Hospital - Scholl Affiliated Hospital Residency, Cook County Hospital, in Chicago, Illinois.
Dr. Shoudel is certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. He is also a fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
Dr. Shoudel is a member of the active hospital staff for Memorial Medical Center and Saint John's Hospital. He has been the Department Chair for Saint John's Hospital’s Department of Podiatry since 2003. Dr. Shoudel was also a committee member for the Diabetes Advisory Committee, Southern Illinois University Diabetes Education Program, from 1994 to 2000.
Dr. Shoudel has also been a co-investigator for several medications in phase three studies directed at treating diabetic foot ulcerations.
Dr. Shoudel holds professional membership in both the American Podiatric Medical Association and the Illinois Podiatric Medical Association.
Dr. Shoudel has an extensive history of community involvement:
- Trustee of the Village of Rochester, 2000 to 2015
- Trustee of the Rochester Police Department, 2000 to 2015
- Chair of Police, Parks, Public Health and Safety Committee, 2000 to 2015
- Former member of the Citizens Corp Council
- Rochester, Illinois 2002 Citizen of the Year, July 2002
- Melvin Jones Fellowship Award in 2010
- Chair, The Boo Crew Charity Haunted House, 2000 to present
- Chair, Rochester Fourth of July Celebration, 2002 to 2014
- Chair, Rochester Fourth of July Parade, 2000 to 2002
- Officer and Member, Rochester Lions Club, 1999 to present
- Site Captain, Project Play construction site; 1999